At AGE Technologies it is our goal to provide all our Sub-Saharan African customers with solutions that not only address current issues but also approach them in a forward-looking manner. 1 Cyber City building in Ebene, Mauritius approached us to assist with a rooftop solar solution, and we gladly share this celebrated project with you.
The three-towered building that marks the entrance and gateway to the Ebene Cybercity is a magnificent structure offering 25 000 square metres of office space and 600 parking bays. The office block prides itself on its ideal location, modern lifestyle and eco-friendly approach, which is where we came in. The building needed a rooftop solar solution to provide electricity and help cut down on the building’s carbon footprint.
We teamed up with our partners in Mauritius, GoSolar, and installed a 161,200kwp carport mounted grid-tied PV system for the building.
AGE Technologies designed the overall system and supplied the balance of system products including:
- The mounting structure for the 520 x 310w PV modules
- All DC Combiner boxes and AC Combiner boards
- Complete electrical system such as DC cables and connectors, AC cables, Grid Isolators, Surge Protection devices etc.
- Installation advice and supervision
- GoSolar is part of MaxCity Capital, parent company of MaxCity Properties.
- The company has 2MW of rooftop solar PV projects in the pipeline in Mauritius.
- Customers in Mauritius benefit from the CEB 2015 SSDG Scheme (Small Scale Distributed Generation), which offers homeowners and small businesses incentives when opting for solar projects.
Mauritius leading the way in renewable energy
Over the past few years, the Mauritian government, companies and residents on the island Republic have been making the shift over to solar. Some of the most recent developments include:
- The Mauritian government has recently committed the country to generate more than 35% of electricity production from renwables by 2020.
- Carnegie Clean Energy has designed a wave energy integrated hybrid power station for the Mauritian island of Rodrigues. Phase 1 includes 2MW solar PV with a 2MW/0.5MWh battery system.
- Recently LUX* Resorts & Hotels has invested in a 20kWp rooftop solar system, which includes 130 PV panels and batteries.
Images of the Site: