Siemens PLC programming support
Siemens SIMATIC software
Every automation project consists of different individual tasks to come to a solution that can vary from programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and distributed I/0, defining communication links and configuring visualisation systems.
Siemens SIMATIC software provides an integrated engineering environment with premium tools for a wide range of operations and applications. AGE has decided to support two of Siemens’ leading software packages: Step 5 and Step 7.
SIMATIC Step 5 PLC
Replaced by Step 7, but is still supported by AGE.
Step 5 PLC: An automation system used for programming, testing, commissioning and for documenting programmes for S5 PLCs.
- It controls process equipment & machinery used in manufacturing.
SIMATIC Step 7 Programming Software
Has various editors & functions for a variety of tasks in an automation project.
- SIMATIC Step 7 Basic Software: Programming software for automation systems SIMATIC S7/SIMATIC C7/Software PLC SIMATIC WinAC.
- SIMATIC S7 GRAPH – Programming of sequential controls.
Describing procedures with alternative or parallel step sequences.
- SIMATIC S7-SCL – Structured control language.
Programming complex algorithms & arithmetic functions for data processing tasks.
- SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM – PLC simulation tool
Simulates a control for functional testing of user blocks and programmes for S7-300 and S7-400