What is a Variable Speed Drive?
A variable speed drive (also referred to as an adjustable speed drive) is a piece of equipment that is used to control the operation speed of various machinery. Age Technologies is a leading supplier of variable speed drives and other technology solutions and systems in South Africa, supplying clients with high quality products and excellent support.
Age Technologies will advise you on the different Variable Speed drives available from top manufacturers, and will help you to find the best equipment for your specific industrial process needs. Contact Age Technologies today for more information about Variable Speed Drives, and our other automation solutions suitable for your needs.
About variable speed drives from Age Technologies
These large, industrial electric motors have the capability to adjust its speed, by using an external controller. This electric motor is ultimately used in process control, making the process more efficient and cost-effective. Variable speed drives are used to save energy, due to the fact that the power that is fed to the machine can be controlled. The less power used, the more energy (and costs) are saved.
The size of the electric motor will determine the size of the variable speed drive. There are many sizes available from as small as a milk carton to as large as a cupboard. Age Technologies will help determine your variable speed drive needs, and offer the best speed control and cost-saving solution for your company.
Advantages of variable speed drives form Age Technologies
- A controlled start up ensures a reduced starting current, ultimately helping to extend the life of the motor.
- Power disturbance will be minimised, causing less disturbances to nearby equipment such as computers upon start up.
- Adjustable operating speeds enables users to optimise a process, and being able to adjust the speed as required.
- The ability to adjust the torque limit will help to protect the machinery from being damaged by too much torque.
- Energy consumption of the electric motor is lowered, ultimately saving on energy costs.
- Adjustable speed drives often eliminate the need for other components (such as gearboxes), saving you on additional equipment costs and floor space.
Talk to a consultant at Age Technologies today for information about the variable speed drives we have available to fit your process and electric motor needs.
Contact Age Technologies today about Variable Speed Drives
An Age Technologies consultant will help to determine your company / process' variable speed drive needs, in order to obtain best adjustable speed drive for cost and process efficiency. Let our team help to lower energy costs and increase efficiency with our state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions.
Age Technologies will supply you with high quality equipment from top manufacturers to ensure that you are satisfied with the products you receive. Age Technologies will also assist with products and system support, and is able to offer system training to ensure you get the best from your hardware and software supplied by our company.
Related articles and information: