Mining automation systems
Automation projects at Bogoso Gold Mine
AGE Technologies provides professional System Integration of Automation and Electrical Engineering projects into industry providing customers with cost effective solutions incorporating leading edge products from concept to design, through to final commissioning and maintenance.
AGE Technologies is responsible for the process control and automation systems for the expansion at the Biox® plant at Bogoso Gold Mine situated in the southern part of Ghana, West Africa.
Since inception their portion of the project has more than doubled in size, from an initial I/O of 800 to 1 000, the process control project has increased to 1 800.
The initial project comprised of 5 Quantum PLC's that was increased to 7 PLC's; and Citect Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
AGE Technologies is responsible for assisting the main contractor with the automation engineering including the full I/O count, panel layout and the population of the panels for shipment to Bogoso. AGE Technologies had three full time engineers and a project coordinator situated on site at Bogoso for the installation and commissioning of the project. Fifty I/O panels were delivered to site with a further 30 in the process of being assembled for shipment.
Some Other achievements obtained in the last 24 months.
- Bonikro Mine – Ivory Coast: AGE assisted in commissioning the mine.
- Lumwana – Zambia: AGE Commissioned the Complete Control System for the mine.
- Smokey Hills – South Africa: AGE Commissioned the Intelligent Motor Starters.
- Blue Ridge – South Africa : AGE Did the turnkey Control System for the Mine.
- Chemwes – South Africa : AGE Supplied over 50 Remote I/O Stations for the mine.
- AEL Kafironda – Zambia: Upgrade of the Bulk Explosives Factory.